Monday, April 27, 2015

Questions every leader should ask themselves

Since leadership is essentially about developing good followers, what questions should a follower ask a leader?  I though this resource from Max DePree’s book, Leadership Jazz was very helpful.
  • What may I expect from you?
  • Can I achieve my own goals by following you?
  • Will I reach my potential by working with you?
  • Can I entrust my future to you?
  • Have you bothered to prepare yourself for leadership?
  • Are you ready to be ruthlessly honest?
  • Do you have the self-confidence and trust to let me do my job?
  • What do you believe?
Most subordinates will never have the opportunity to ask such questions, so ask yourself these questions on their behalf.  What would you think about your answers if you had to follow someone like yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment